Topic: Due Diligence for Real Estate Investing
If you don’t look for the snake, you may get bit. And if you don’t know where snakes hide, you should find out before you begin. When doing a real estate deal, the snakes are risks. And if you don’t know where the risks hide, you will eventually get bit.
Due Diligence[doo dil-i-juh ns]
- General: Measure of prudence, responsibility, and diligence that is expected from, and ordinarily exercised by, a reasonable and prudent person under the circumstances.
- Business: Duty of a firm’s directors and officers to act prudently in evaluating associated risks in all transactions.
- Investing: Duty of the investor to gather necessary information on actual or potential risks involved in an investment.
- Negotiating: Duty of each party to confirm each other’s expectations and understandings, and to independently verify the abilities of the other to fulfill the conditions and requirements of the agreement.
Join us this month to learn how to conduct due diligence for your deals. Doing a good job will potentially save you money, time, stress, fear, and maybe a lot more. Consider this a safety class for your business. We’ll cover this topic considering risk categories of: financial, use, land, utilities, construction, improvements, inspections, reports, and more.
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- 6:00-6:30 – Networking & Food | Sign-in, enjoy Grotto’s menu, and mingle with other local real estate investors!
- 6:30-8:30 – Meeting | Please help us start on time by being seated at 6:30.
Reed Walters grew up in Kent County, Delaware. After graduating from Caesar Rodney High School, he spent 16 years as a restaurant manager. He started his REI business P&S Property Solutions, LLC in 2010. Shortly after starting his business, Reed joined the Delreia coaching group, and was the second person to graduate from the program. In 2015, he left the restaurant industry to pursue investment real estate full-time. Although his primary career is in flipping houses, Reed also has a rental and is currently wholesaling houses.
Reed runs the Kent County Chapter of the DelREIA and leads the On-Site R.E.I Group Coaching (Kent/Sussex) program.