Topic: Understanding Self-Directed IRAs
A self-directed Individual Retirement Account is an Individual Retirement Account (IRA),…which allows alternative investments for retirement savings. Some examples of these alternative investments are: real estate, private mortgages, private company stock, oil and gas limited partnerships, precious metals, horses, and intellectual property.
Self-directed IRAs are very commonly used by real estate investors. As a private lender, we work with them almost daily. Maybe you’ve heard real estate investors describe them with words like “amazing”, “very powerful”, “hard to believe”, or as our Note Coach Phil Drew says, “only in America!”.
Question: Would you rather pay your tax rate on the seeds you plant, or the crop those seeds produce?
Another question: Would you like to actually invest in local real estate deals of your choice with your IRA?
If you are interested in learning more about self-directed IRAs, this is the perfect opportunity.
For our April meetings, Carl and Ryan Fisher of CamaPlan Self-Directed IRA Company will be our guests.
Here is what you can expect:
Understanding Self-Directed IRAs
- What is self-direction
- What are the benefits
- The types of accounts you can self-direct
- The types of investments or accounts you can purchase
- A general overview of IRS rules and regulations
- What you need to get started
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- 6:00-6:45 – Sign-In | Sign-in at the welcome table located in the reception areas in front of the ballroom where our meeting is held. You may also purchase your membership at the welcome table.
- 6:00-6:45 – Networking & Food | Start networking by joining DelREIA’s coaches from 6:00-6:45. This time is perfect for anyone who has questions for a coach, wants to learn more about real estate investing or DelREIA.
- 6:45-8:30 – Meeting | Please help us start on time by being seated at 6:45.
- 8:30-9:00 – Networking | Network until 9:00 pm or later if you choose!
Originally from New Jersey, Mike has been in Delaware since 1986 when he was stationed in Dover with the Air Force. After ten years of active duty, the next six years he performed in sales and relationship management for a corporate bank. Mike’s entrepreneurial spirit has been growing since grade school when he started making money from door-to-door sales and a newspaper route. Since starting his real estate investing business in 1999, (full time 2003), he has completed hundreds of deals including buy and hold, lease purchase, flip, wholesale, options, creating notes, new construction, and apartment to condo conversion. Mike enjoys teaching real estate investing at Del Tech and speaking for other groups and organizations. He is fulfilling one of his biggest passions by providing an environment where real estate investors can learn, grow, and network.