Georgetown, DE 19947
Topic: Debt Collection with Tenants and Business Relationships
with Attorney David Weidman (bio)
Have you ever been burnt, screwed, beat, stiffed, or ripped off? You know…has anyone ever owed you money and didn’t pay? Unfortunately, a lot of us are used to it. Especially if you own rental property. No matter how many times it happens, it is always a horrible feeling.
I want you to be smart in your approach to landlord-tenant relationships, as well as any business or contractor relationships you enter into.
Here is what you will learn during our March Monthly Meetings:
- What you should be aware of when entering into a tenant, business, or contractor relationship as it relates to the potential of the other party owing you money that you need to collect.
- What you should do when entering into the relationship. What agreements should you have, what information should you gather, what things should be in place, etc., so that you are best prepared to get a judgement and collect on a debt if there ever is one.
- How you can get a judgement.
- What you can do to collect a debt.
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- 6:00-6:30 – Networking & Food | Come enjoy Arena’s menu. Happy Hour is 3pm – 5pm with 1/2 price apps, $3 select drafts, $2 domestic bottles, $4 house wine. And Thursday night is First Responders’ Burger Night. Build your own 8 ounce ground beef burger with a side of French Fries and House Soda for just $9.99. Come hungry…Arena’s provides the room for free as long as we order food.
- 6:30-6:45 – Deals & Questions | Please help us start on time by being seated by 6:30.
- 6:45-8:30 – Meeting
Please click below to pre-pay for your monthly meeting attendance. If you prefer, you can pay when you sign-in at the meeting. All non-members must pay $15 per meeting to attend. Your first meeting is FREE. If you wish to become a member and attend these meetings each month for free, please visit our membership page for more information.