Topic: The Truth About Contracts
with guest speaker Attorney Bill Dolan
There are 3 main ways of handling joint venture agreements:
- Internal agreement (general partnership)
- Form a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or Limited Partnership (LP)
- One party purchases the property in their name, and they use a service agreement to govern roles & responsibilities, splits, etc.
- Joint Venture Agreements—In addition to talking about the 3 main ways of handling joint venture agreements, Bill will also delve into the dangerous territory of tax and legal considerations you’ll have to think about before you even consider a joint venture.
- State Realtor AOS—State Realtor Agreements of Sale present their own challenges. Do you know what is critical to your success? Show up at this informative meeting and you will…
- General AOS—There can be a fine line between a General Agreement of Sale that passes legal muster and one that can kill you financially. You do want your AOS to be legit, right? A few things can throw sand in the gears of your deal. Learn what they are—and what terms must be included in your AOS before you ink your next deal.
- Assignment Agreement—Learn the who, what, where, when, why, and how of assignment agreements. It’s not difficult… if you do it right.
- Option Agreement—Not every option agreement downloaded on the internet is legal in Delaware. Using an unapproved agreement can invalidate the whole thing—and ruin an otherwise legitimate deal. Learn the proper way to use option agreement… that even a licensed attorney got wrong.
- Disclosures—Federal and State authorities keep a watchful eye on disclosures… to make sure the general population is protected. Bill will talk about the ins and outs of lead, radon, property condition, exemptions, and many of the other disclosures that you need to get right on the first try.
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- 6:00-6:45 – Sign-In | Sign-in at the welcome table located in the reception areas in front of the ballroom where our meeting is held. You may also purchase your membership at the welcome table.
- 6:00-6:45 – Networking & Food | Start networking by joining DelREIA’s coaches from 6:00-6:45. This time is perfect for anyone who has questions for a coach, wants to learn more about real estate investing or DelREIA. When signing in you will receive a coupon for 1/2 priced appetizers at the Hunt Club, which is in the lobby area of the hotel. Feel free to bring your food and drinks back to the reception area and ballroom for our meeting.
- 6:45-8:30 – Meeting | Please help us start on time by being seated at 6:45.
- 8:30-9:00 – Networking | Network until 9:00 pm or later if you choose! Meeting attendees receive half-priced appetizers at the Hunt Club lounge until 11:00 pm. (Drinks served until midnight).
Here are a couple of options:
- When signing in, you will receive a coupon for 1/2 priced appetizers at the Hunt Club, which is in the lobby area of the hotel. Feel free to bring your food and drinks back to the reception area and into the ballroom for our meeting.
- Prime Rib Buffet at the Hilton Christiana Brasserie Grill near the ballroom. The buffet is open from 5:00-9:00pm and the cost is $28.95.
Click the images below for more information.
Monthly Mtg: New Castle County Meeting RSVP
Please click below to pre-pay for your monthly meeting attendance. If you prefer, you can pay when you sign-in at the meeting. All non-members must pay $15 per meeting to attend. Your first meeting is FREE. If you wish to become a member and attend these meetings each month for free, please visit our membership page for more information.